Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I bought my ipad about two years ago and used it maybe

Customer Question

i bought my ipad about two years ago and used it maybe for six months. When I wanted to start it again I messed up passwords untill I was locked out. I took the ipad to a local apple dealer who did his best but could not activate it. He helped me to change my ID but I dont remember my aplle ID. I dont know if my new password ***** work.
Please help me if you can.
Hans Meijer ***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

If this is just a matter of knowing your ID, that will be easy to recovery. In a web browser, you can go to the following page, which will allow you to log into your appleID, or if you cannot, to reset your password:

http://bitli.es/sD71aM

If it's more than that and you cannot get into your iPad at all, you can still do a wipe of the iPad and start fresh. This will erase all data on it, but you will at least have use of the iPad again. If you had items synced with your appleID and you use the same ID, they will then re-sync. The instructions, along with illustrations, are on the following page:

http://bitli.es/7tAkgh

If you have questions going through the instructions, just ask and I will help.