Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Word document won't close - I click the red circle it asks

Customer Question

Word document won't close - I click the red circle it asks and I say don't save and red button goes blank but document won't go away
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur with a particular document? Or with many documents?
When did this issue first occur?
Have you tried anything?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried force quitting Word and reopening - the same files come back up. It blocks printing another document.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I shut down and reopen word it will print the first couple fine then suddenly the print documents won't close - and nothing more will print. This is after I click the red button to close with out saving. The document that won't close won't allow me to do anything to it, but it does allow me to open other documents through it - crazy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will print about three - but all three stay up as separate documents - I am using Word's tools/envelope
Did this issue first occur today?
Did you also shut down / restart the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works for about three again - but the same thing happens again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
today
If you restart the computer, but don't open that particular document, but only open other documents, does this issue occur? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't tried that
Please try that, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but then I can't keep you online
You can get back to me at this web page later, so bookmark this web page.
And/or later, open the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in order to get back to me at this web page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a minute - am doing it on my Macbook - where the same problem occurs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay shutting down
OK, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shut down by force quitting Word - when I started back up, word came up automatically with the same documents. But this time they had red dots. Instead of saying don't save I hit save and they went away. But still nothing will print from another program - it is still all blocked. Will try shutting down the printer even though I cancelled the prints and see what that does.
OK, also turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on and check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That worked - I can now print document from another program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I feel confident if I try to print the envelopes from Word the same thing will happen all over again.
Can you test printing a normal document (not envelopes), does this issue happen again? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try using my laptop to print envelopes from word in another way other than using tools/envelopes and see i
OK, please try that, then let me know.
If needed, test printing a normal Word document (with no envelopes), and see if this issue occurs also.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a standard word document prints fine now -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried printing envelopes not using tools and it works fine - I am just going to do it that way. I don't think this is a MAC problem I think it is a glitch in how Word handles tools/envelopes and that you and I aren't going to be able to resolve it.
Great. I'm sorry about that. Do you have the latest Microsoft Office / Word version for your Mac computer? And/or do you have the latest Mac OS X version? But yes, you can print it that way. Do you need anything else for now? Thank you very much for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually doesn't work after all - it printed five and now won't print again. Sigh. Thanks for trying. I do on my laptop but not on this one. This is a papa mac not a lap top - lol

Sorry, can you try to uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Office / Word application?

Or try the free OpenOffice application:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try those things - thanks for trying. Bye

You're welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a service option at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you again,