Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

IPad Air does not take charge when plugged into charger (not

Customer Question

iPad Air does not take charge when plugged into charger (not attached to computer--Apple plug-in charger)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Have you tried different charger adapter and cable ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

There are several reasons for this problem. It could be an issue with the battery of the iPad or it could be the adapter. First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then try to charge it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried different charger adapter and cable ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 different ones,
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Does it get charge when you connect it to your computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not try...will do now...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

When you connect the iPad to your computer, does your iPad makes any sound ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get sounds for mail notifications but not the usual sound that I hear when I plug in and when the top right icon turns green.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Please try reset one more time. Disconnect the iPad from the computer. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds and release the buttons. Let it boot.

Don't release the buttons when you see Slide to Turn off message.Then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. After resetting settings, setup it and charge. Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
StillDoesn't work for charging
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Since your computer is not recognizing it, it is not a battery issue. It is the lightning port (charging/USB port) of your iPad that has damaged. I'm really sorry but this is something we can't fix online. We've already tried all troubleshooting steps so far.

You have to take your iPad to the Apple Store to get it replaced or repaired. If your iPad is less than a year old, then Apple will replace the iPad for free.

If you have any important files on your iPad, I would recommend to backup them to iCloud before the battery runs out. To do backup, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

You can also download and install an application named Dropbox and backup your photos to it before taking in to the Apple Store.

I know you are looking for a solution, but this is hardware related issue and needs to be physically checked and repaired.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome ! Please don't forget to rate my service (as Good or Excellent on the top and click Submit) on the other question regarding touchpad of Macbook Air, then only I will get credit for helping you. You will not be charged anything additional --> http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/9b9uj-touch-pad-apple-air-does-not-work-cannot.html

Best Regards,