Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I generated files with Quark in 1997. Currently, I do not

Customer Question

I generated files with Quark in 1997. Currently, I do not have Quark on my system but have a need to open the Quark files that I created long ago. Please advise as to what actions I need to take to open these files (e.g. do I need to purchase Quark - If so, which version do I purchase. I don't remember whether Quark was a stand-alone or a plug-in to Photoshop.) Please advise.
Robert Berinson ***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is a standalone program and if you just need to open the files for now, then get the demo (trial version of quark) which you can get here

http://www.quark.com/Products/QuarkXPress/Test_Drive.aspx

It allows you to use it for 3 days. then you would need to purchase it

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.\

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your advice: Down-loaded QuarkXpress 2015 - The program stated that "This version does not support these files" Back to square one!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

do you remember which version of quark you made the files with?