Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I am pretty

Customer Question

I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I am pretty sure that the problem is related to some things that I did. I was using vrbo.com and was told that they did not support Safari 6 and I should update to a newer version. I could not find a newer version to run with Lion. I upgraded my OS to Yosemite. Then the version of Trend Micro Internet Security that I had was not compatible with Yosemite. I upgraded to the newest version of Trend. Now my computer locks up and will not always allow me to get on the internet. Is this something that we can fix on line or do I need to bring my IMac to the Apple store?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Try the following steps to fix your issue. If that does not work I can remotely connect and fix the issue :)

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions.