Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

3 days of attempting to find fix, Facebook page disorder.

Customer Question

3 days of attempting to find fix for Mac, Facebook white page disorder.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have tried most of all troubleshooting steps so far. I believe the issue with your ISP. Have you tried accessing Facebook using different network connection ?

Now, lets change the DNS of your Mac.

1. Go to System Preferences > Network.
  2. Select your activate network connection - Airport or Ethernet.
    • To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select Built-In Ethernet, and click Advanced.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, select Airport, and click Advanced.
  3. Select the DNS tab.
  4. Click + to replace any listed addresses with the following DNS addresses
    • 8.8.8.8
    • 8.8.4.4.
  5. Click Apply > OK

Restart your Mac and try Facebook. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that last night and I just tried it again to make sure of the DNS settings, Facebook will still not load for me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure your ISP is not blocking it ? Did you try with different WiFi network ?

Do this please. Go to Safari > Preferences. Click on Advanced tab and enable "Show Develop menu in the menu bar".

Close it. Click on Develop menu in the top and click Empty Caches. Try Facebook.

If that didn't work, click on Develop menu and select Disable Styles. Check Facebook. let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I thought we had got some where it went to the log in for Facebook but after I attempted to log in it went to the blank white page. I have to go now, please give me some more things to try later, I have wasted more time on this than you can imagine.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I understand, but I've seen this issue related to ISP. Trying on different network will tell us whether this is with your Mac or with ISP

You have already tried different browsers. Right ?

Take your time, we can continue later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried both,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay maybe I am doing things in the wrong order or something… Tell me exactly what to enter on my Network config to make sure I am changing what you want.. I have tried all the browsers, I was using Chrome, now using Safari since your instructions were based on that… should I delete chrome and the others or is just shutting them down okay… I live in the middle of nowhere, it is not like I have options. But I took it to town on Saturday night and tried it on their network and friend tried it through their phone.. Could be same network in reality because we don't have much service available here..
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Open System Preferences and click on the Network icon. Unlock the pane if necessary by clicking on the lock icon and entering your password. Select Airport. Click on the Advanced button, then on the DNS tab. Click the + button and add the following DNS servers, then press OK and Apply.

8.8.8.8

8.8.4.4

If the above DNS doesn't work then use the following DNS

208.67.222.222

208.67.220.220

Make sure you delete the old DNS addresses there and add the only above one.

Then restart your Mac. These settings reflect on all browsers.

Also if you have any anti viruses or firewal application running in the background either stop them or delete/uninstall them and check Facebook

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to delete other browsers. The reason I asked re different network is that some ISP block certain websites and Facebook could be one of them. But if others can access Facebook on their devices then it wouldn't be the network.

Try the above steps and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still does not work for me, I have read through so many logs of people having same issue, and tried almost all of them, some get you somewhere bu t in the end after logging in, it just goes white again, I know it is still there and my computer is working because I can sign on from this computer on this network as someone else and it works fine. But I want my facebook page back.. This is very irritating because I believe it has something to do with FACEBOOK and they do not respond to fixing anything. If you google white page facebook this has been going on since 2011, and most people say it just goes away after awhile.. I won't rate you poorly but you should know that when you curse on email it does show up on the message...
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out and send this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik, I don't think it is your advice, I think that Facebook has some control or one of their apps is causing the problem but I can not even get to my page to delete some of the apps. I use to do what you are doing, I know how frustrating it is trying to get people to do something you understand but I no longer do. I don't need to waste my time on this any longer, I took early retirement and moved to a farm in the middle of nowhere. Most people here don't even use computers. What can I expect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here I found in the java log.. na.loadResources @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:101na.loadEarlyResources @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:101(anonymous function) @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115ha @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:49ra @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:49x @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:33w @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:33fa @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:33z @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:33p.$ServerJS9 @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115ha @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:49p.$ServerJS8 @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115(anonymous function) @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115q @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115p.handle @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:115require.guard.root @ (index):11ha @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:49da @ xpU2q-V1uki.js:75(anonymous function) @ (index):11
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

This is a strange issue. You've already tried all troubleshooting steps so far yourself. I'm sorry I'm stumped on this. So I will open this question to all other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you.

If no one get back to you, you can contact***@******.*** for full refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory

Also do you have any virus or security software?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS X Version 10.8.5 Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MBI had AVG running when this happened, I uninstalled it, I uninstalled AD Blocker, I currently loaded "Advanced Mac Cleaner".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My internet provider claims no one else has this issue on their server, but admits they do not use FaceBook personally. I tried an app on my phone which cost me to do because it is an old "stupid phone" same issue, my friend tried on his "smart phone" using my log in, same issue. Last night I tried to become a new person and Facebook would work but I only have one email account and it links up to that and I don't want to start a new account I want my old one back.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK do you have any Virus or security software installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure at this point I have added and deleted, installed and uninstalled, cleared and loaded so many things in the last 4 days I don't know what I have... I do not believe I have anything right now but who knows.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok did you see my offer to remote connect? I can check for you while you watch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I don't want to spend anymore on this issue, time or money. I tried and I have spent way too much time on this issue. I am just going to stop using Facebook, because I know it is not my system or browser or internet connection. IT IS THEM. Thanks for your help please just end this account. Cancel anytime.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK we just needed to make sure the software is off because it as well as Adblock are usually the culprit. Facebook is really just one big ad. LOL You can also try upgrading to Yosemite.

Also this has worked for some as it resets your data you may have to do it on another computer:

1. Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
  2. Click Download a copy of your Facebook data below your General Account Settings
  3. Click Start My Archive

You will receive and email when it is ready