Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iphoto is quitting unexpectedly. My computer if almost

Customer Question

Hi Mike. My iphoto is quitting unexpectedly. My computer if almost full. But I can't keep iphoto open long enough to free up space. I have backed up everything. I need to work with photos in my library.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You can copy your iPhoto Library to an external drive and continue to use it there and trash the one on your main drive to free up space or you can work on it on the external drive to clear out what you don't need then copy it back replacing the old one. After you copy it I would check it by using the iPhoto First Aid. Open it once then it become the default, then Quit iPhoto, hold down the Option or ALT (if outside the USA) and Command keys and start iPhoto. Check all the boxes and run Rebuild.