Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an original IPAD, and today it locked up with a

Customer Question

I have an original IPAD, and today it locked up with a message to contact http:/ online-safari-detect.com and it keep flashing this message. it gives the number for apple as(###) ###-#### ***** suspicious activity has been reported and to call this number for help.
I googled the website and it states it is suspicious. Can you help me unlock the IPAD and reset it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message. Don't call them. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot.

Then without opening Safari, goto Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data.

That should remove the scam message from your iPad.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going. If it is still not working, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

If my solution worked for you, please don't forget to rate my answer positively so that I will get credit for helping you.