Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

We have had the game"SpongeBob moves in on my iPad -3 years

Customer Question

We have had the game"SpongeBob moves in on my iPad for 2-3 years and kids of different ages loves playing it. All things sponge bob especially this game are loved by my 5 year old. On Wednesday we had to do an update before we could play the game and after that the game seems to be lost and he is upset. I could not deal with it at that moment. I'm writing today for help correcting this. The game is at the beginning. We have collected most of the characters, all land including extended with nearly all cleared,all the shops with all locks open, nearly 500 jelly, and over a million coins. That game had an ID#. SBMI_00318789. After the update the game is using a different #. It says SBMI_007192380. Please help. I'm sure you can understand why we are distressed to have lost that much progress.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! We can try and restore a backup of the ipad if it has been synced to a mac or a pc follow the steps below to do this

1. Connect your device to the computer that you stored your backup on.
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you a File menu, press the Alt key.
  4. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most 2nd to the most recent.
  5. Click restore and wait for the process to finish. Your device will restart and then sync with your computer. Stay connected until the sync finishes.
  6. Test your game.