sanguinesandeep
sanguinesandeep, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  B. Tech
33602187

Yesterday all of my incoming emails from one of my email

Customer Question

Yesterday all of my incoming emails from one of my email accounts starting to go right to the trash or junk boxes and not to my incoming email accounts. Is it possible something in my settings changed?> Can you tell me how to repair this so all my email isnt going to trash/Junk This started happening yesterday for some unknown reason.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sanguinesandeep replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed. Please remember to rate.

Please reply at the box given below and type your queries/result at the box given below.

Click the link:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#settings/filters

And delete filters if there is any.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your answer had nothing to do with the problem im having

Could you please tell me about your email service provider once?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls tell me how ALL settngs should be for an email account with Gmail as the server

IMAP settinngs for iPad:

A. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings

1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click the gear in the top right .
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  5. Select Enable IMAP.
  6. Click Save Changes.
  • Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
    • imap.gmail.com
    • Port: 993
    • Requires SSL:Yes
  • Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
    • smtp.gmail.com
    • Port: 465 or 587
    • Requires SSL: Yes
    • Requires authentication: Yes
    • Use same settings as incoming mail server
  • Full Name or Display Name: [your name]
  • Account Name or User Name: your full Gmail address (*****@******.***). Google Apps users, please enter***@******.***
  • Email address: your full Gmail address (*****@******.***) Google Apps users, please enter***@******.***
  • Password: your Gmail password

If your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.

Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.

POP settings:

A.

Here's how to enable POP in Gmail:

1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click the gear in the top right .
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  5. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
  6. Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
  7. Click Save Changes.

Standard configuration instructions:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL:smtp.gmail.com
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465

Server timeoutsGreater than 1 minute, we recommend 5

Full Name or Display Name: [your name]

Account Name or User Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)

Email Address: your email address (*****@******.*** or***@******.***)

Password: your Gmail password

Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your POP settings in Gmail settings are what determines whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.

If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port (465 or 587).

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.