Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhoto keeps freezing

Customer Question

my iPhoto keeps freezing
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Please accept the phone off and I will be happy to call right away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will be back in 30 minutes. i need help.

Sounds good ill be here.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If you are running Lion or above start by checking this:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions.

If all is ok restart then hold down the Option or ALT (if outside the USA) and Command keys and start iPhoto. This will bring up iPhoto First Aid check all the boxes and run Rebuild or just Rebuild depending on the options. Let me know after.. or you can Accept the Additional Service offer for remote tech support and I can do it for you.