Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I remove search.myway.com from my apple desktop

Customer Question

how can I remove search.myway.com from my apple desktop
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question

Your Mac might be infected with malware or adware. That is why you are seeing those search toolbars/sites in your computer.

Download and open this application : https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

Scan your Mac with it and this will find and then remove/delete all the adwares and malwares from your Mac. Once you did that close Safari. Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari.

Click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari.

If you don't see Reset Safari, then click on Safari menu and select History and Website Data and then clear it. Then click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Under Preferences, click on Extensions tab. Remove/delete all extensions from there.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.