Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

In i-photo 9.6.1 Yosemite - I open an event, then I click on

Customer Question

In i-photo 9.6.1 Yosemite - I open an event, then I click on a photo to enlarge it and get a black screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the iPhoto library is corrupted or the original photos are somehow deleted from the library. We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Close iPhoto if it is open. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard and open iPhoto. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes Click Rebuild. This may take a few minutes to complete.

After rebuilding, iPhoto will open. Check photos.

If it is still having issue after rebuilding, then we have to rebuild the iPhoto application using a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button on the right.

After rebuilding, open iPhoto. Check photos.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Expert:  Adriane-css replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/9aqdg-i-photo-9-6-1-yosemite-open-event-click.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! I can remotely connect to you and fix your iphoto issue just accept the additional service option.