Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a mac osx old model from 2008 and I forgot my

Customer Question

I have a mac osx old model from 2008 and I forgot my keychain password ***** its not the same as my login password, how do I reset the keychain password?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Have you tried resetting keychain database ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

There is a way to reset keychain database which will reset keychain password. Please tell me the version of OS X you are using, so I will send you the instructions to reset keychain database. I'm waiting for your reply.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

There is a way to reset Keychain database which will reset keychain password. Follow the steps below to reset the Keychain database (this will delete eveything from keychain and reset its password)

Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.

Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

Authenticate with your account admin password.

Quit Keychain Access.

If that didn't work, then in Finder, click on Go menu in the top bar and select "Go To folder". Type the following command press return

~/Library/

From the resulting window, move the Keychain folder to desktop. Then open Preferences folder and delete this file "com.apple.keychainaccess.plist"

Open Keychain and your admin password ***** work as keychain password. If that didn't work, then please tell me the version of OS X you are using, so we can reset the admin password ***** then fix Keychain.