David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I just did an upgrade, not sure what for, just been clicking

Customer Question

I just did an upgrade, not sure what for, just been clicking on remind me later for a long time. I finally did the upgrade and when it restarted it takes me to the log in page but when I put my password ***** it begins to start up but then takes me right back to the log in page every time. when I try to log in under guest user (which does not require a password, it does the exact same thing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a chance to check my reply?
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
David.