Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have Quark 6.5 running on my MAC G5 version 10.5.8. My

Customer Question

I have Quark 6.5 running on my MAC G5 version 10.5.8.
My system crashed and my IT person made some hardware and operation system changes in order to bring me back up. Everything is running fine except Quark.
Whenever I print, it prints legal size even though all of my settings are letter size. I have tried all the usual stuff, but nothing works. Even when I change my setting before printing and the "capture" the setting for letter size and save the doc, the next time I open that doc, its back to legal.
Can you help please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Click on the first icon in the Dock (the list of icons at the bottom of your screen) which is the “face” the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Disk Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Disk Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How in the world is this going to fix my Quark Xpress print problem? It sounds rather dangerous.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hardly... that is normal maintenance and if that seems scary then it means you have never done it and that is even more reason to do it now. It can affect Quark but it is only the first step and an important one. Please let me know when you have done that...