Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

After my hard drive crashed, I moved everything over from

Customer Question

After my hard drive crashed, I moved everything over from another mac, quark 9.5.4.1 works fine on the other mac, and used to work fine on this one, now it says I need to put in validation code, which I diid … setup assistant assays it's successful but has to reboot the app, then I'm in an endless loop and can't get the app started, and have to force quit to exit out of this loop, I tried starting in safe mode, no luck, I deleted the Quark folder and preferences on my log in and the main library and no luck, wasssssssup???!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

To fix Quark when it is stuck in a setup loop:

• Browse to the following location: Mac HDD> Library> Preferences
  • Delete "Quark" Folder.
  • Create a new folder at the same location with the name "Quark" (case-sensitive).
  • Verify the Permissions on Quark Folder and ensure the permissions are all "Read&Write".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that. I also found that solution on the web in a blog … it's still doing that loop so what else should be done to resolve this.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If creating a new Quark folder did not work, then you will need to reinstall Quark.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Look in Applications / Quark if there is a Preferences folder trash it. Then if you have already deleted the Quark Preferences folder in User and main Library go to Application Support in both Libraries and trash Quark folder there too, then reinstall the 9.5.4.1 update:

http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/Details.aspx?fid=277