Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Working on MacBook Pro in Word. I accidntly closed a

Customer Question

Working on MacBook Pro in Word. I accidntly closed a document without saving changes. Is there anyway to recover those changes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

We can try to force recover it

Open Word

Then hold the power button on the Mac until it powers off which simulates a crash

Then power on the Mac, open Word and tell me if it offers to recover the document please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it is lost sorry. There is no other way to recover it as there was no temporary file created. It was only in the Ram which was released when you closed it.

Always press CMD + S to constantly save, else if it did not write a recovery which it did not here, then there is no way to recover it sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you