Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Got a new iPad mini it's locked disabled now I do not have a

Customer Question

Got a new iPad mini it's locked disabled now I do not have a computer to plug it in to
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm really sorry that your iPad is disabled. Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your iPad without the passcode. You somehow setup the passcode while setting up the iPad as you get a option to do that when setting up. You probably don't remember it. Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. You NEED a computer to fix your iPad. Believe me, there is no way to enable it back without using your computer.

You can use any computer. You could use your friends' or neighbours computer to restore the iPad.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Please note that there is no way to fix your iPad without using a computer. Please don't rate me bad or poor for this. If you get access to a computer, please let me know and I will walk you through it if you have any difficulty. This question will not be closed until you are satisfied. And remember, you are rating my service to you - not the outcome of the answer or this website.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

.