Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a kindle on my ipad a friend of mine down. A friend

Customer Question

I have a kindle on my ipad a friend of mine down. A friend of mine downloaded hers on to mine but I would like to have my own account how do I get one
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you create an account and sign in to that account on your iPad's Kindle app, you will lose all the books purchased/downloaded using your friend's account. If that is OK, then all you have to do is de-register the Kindle app and re-register it to your account or you can delete the Kindle app, redownload it from App Store and register it with your account.

To de-register Kindle app and re-register to your account, follow the steps below;

1. From the Kindle reading app Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
  2. Under Registration, tap Update, and then tap Deregister this Kindle.
  3. Close Kindle app.

Then open it and it will ask for an Amazon account. Just register it with your Amazon account.

If you don't have an Amazon account, you can either register one from within the Kindle app or you can register one from here --> https://goo.gl/u3EOBo

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can also delete the Kindle app and redownload it from App Store to register it to your account. To delete, just hold down the Kindle app in the iPad home screen and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon over it to delete it.

Then open App Store, search Kindle and install it. After installing Kindle app, open it and register it to your Amazon account.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.