John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I apologize delay in answering, however, am i to understand

Customer Question

I apologize for the delay in answering, however, am i to understand that the inquiry was finished? If not great, if so, let me ask again and have the software question available. TY
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

Does this concern the same question as in your last submission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

Ok,

If you reset the Mac to factory settings then you will lose everything. Do you know what might be taking up the bulk of your drive space?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea. Ive went through it the biggest files are the iTunes and i Photo. But that noe even a 3rd of memory. I have 500GB to which those two files take up about 123.5 GB. I dont have any games installed and the DJ program i have is ony External Harddrive. If i can upload my photos to the cloud and then place them back on after i reset that would be fine. I figure my music will stay in iTues and not be erased. Please Advise.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

That's not quite how it works, particularly if you are still using iPhoto. Also, while you can manually re-download previously purchased music from the iTunes Store, it is not an automatic process nor will it include music you've ripped yourself or downloaded from elsewhere.

In the Finder, click the Apple menu and choose About This Mac

Click the "Storage" tab

What does it list for sizes of all the data stored on the Macintosh HD? (Audio, Video, apps, other, etc...)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have my Mac with me at the moment but i can let you know in a few hours. If that is ok i am fine with waiting till the next day to get a response.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

Yep, that's fine! If I'm not still online at the time I will reply as soon as I return to work and see it.