Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I had my software crash and reinstalled and now I am trying

Customer Question

I had my software crash and reinstalled and now I am trying to locate my iphoto which doesnt show up on bottom bar and se if the cloud has my photos ( if I ever uploaded them) can you help me find my iphoto and then open the cloud or download my music and photos from the cloud
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes can you give me this information?

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. 10.6.3. I can't find it load my iPhoto either
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Click on the first icon in the Dock (the list of icons at the bottom of your screen) which is the “face” the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Disk Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Disk Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was ok. Clicked on repair permission and I am repairing it says it six minutes left so I'll let you know when that is done I guess. I just got this back from being repaired so I'm kind of questioning why I'm here at this point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok repairs complete
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and install all updates then after restart open Macintosh HD and open Applications folder find iPhoto and drag it down to the Dock wherever you want it to be and let go then click on it to open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Argh! No iPhoto in Application folder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iTunes iChat are there but no iPhoto
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go to the Spotlight icon in the upper right of your screen and type iPhoto does it show up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a photo booth that I have never seen before
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go to the Spotlight icon in the upper right of your screen and type iPhoto does it show up? It may have been moved

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is loading something when I clicked on iPhoto I'm still waiting to see what it is. It does say those webpages how do I download iPhoto, iPhoto for map, iPhoto, but I guess I'll wait to see what happens when it's done downloading here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok icon is in bottom and when I click preview shows up and s preview screen which is blNk and not sure what to do here
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you run Software Update?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before this all
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You said it was 10.6.3 it should be 10.6.8?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know I just got this laptop back from being repaired they said the software crashed so they had to reinstall the software. I'm wondering if that's what the problem is with loading the iPhoto and also my Gmail won't load either . There is a software update box under that version 10.6.3 but I know I just ran the software update should I do it again
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid I have an appt. can we continue in a couple hours? If not I can opt out and another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's OK I can continue in a couple hours with you. You've gone through all this before so it might not as well start over
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK make sure it is up to date or reinstall this:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Thanks I'll be back

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK did you update to 10.6.8?