Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an iPad and iPhone. I want to copy audio books to my

Customer Question

I have an iPad and iPhone. I want to copy audio books to my iphone and do not understand the process. I managed to copy one of the audio books to itune but cannot figure how to sync it to the iphone. Now I have duplicate files of each track on the itune screen. What in the world am I doing wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Please follow the steps below to sync the Audiobooks from iTunes to iPhone.

Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
iTunes will recognize your iPhone . Select your iPhone in the top left (select iPhone icon)
Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected (this is just to backup your iPhone)
Now select "Books" or "Audio Books" in the left column. Then enable "Sync Books" or " Sync Audiobooks" option and click the Apply or Sync button at bottom right.

This will sync the audiobooks from your iTunes Library to your iPhone.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Refer this article to know how to sync contents from iTunes to iPhone/iPad --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Remember, this is not my final answer. If you have any difficulty, please reply back to me and I'm happy to continue to help you until your issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik,
I did not get my problem solved. I think you overlooked the fact that I cannot sink to iphone until I resolve the problem of multi-copies of each track that downloaded into itunes.
Mary Umbarger
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Your iTunes is supposed to sync the iPhone regardless of the multiple copies.

Disconnect your iPhone. Then in iTunes, click on the three dots at the top left and click Audiobooks. You will find your Audiobooks there. Then select the duplicate ones and press delete button on your keyboard. This will delete them.

Then connect your iPhone and does your iTunes recognize the iPhone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Ashik,
My problem is still not solved. I think we have a communication problem.
We have to solve the downloading of the Audio Books into itunes before I can sync with the iphone. I must be doing something wrong when I download the books because it downloads multi-copies of EACH track of EACH CD! I have to believe there is a way to download that will take care of this problem without needing to delete all these extra copies.
I will be glad to pay the extra $17 that will permit you to control my computer and show me how to : 1. Download the Audio books to itune and then sync to iphone (I know how to sync). Do you have the online 'chat' feature...That would be wonderful.
I am sorry we are having this communication problem.
Thanks,
Mary
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mary, I'm sorry about that. I though they are already downloaded. To make sure, you are downloading the Audiobooks from iTunes store. Right ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I understand your issue now. iTunes will download duplicate items if there is any corruption in the library. So first lets prevent iTunes from downloading stuffs automatically. Lets do this step by step.

From your iTunes menu bar top of your screen click Edit > Preferences > Store. Deselect Musi, Apps,Books then click OK.

This will prevent iTunes from downloading automatically. Then lets delete the Duplicate items. In iTunes, click on Books > Audiobooks option at the top left. This will show all Audiobooks that are downloaded. Now click on View menu and click Show Duplicate items. This will show all duplicates. Delete all duplicates please.

Please let me know once you did that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik,
* In Edit>Preferences>Store the boxes for Musi, Apps, Book were not selected so , of course, I did nothing there.
* I went to Books> Audiobooks and found nothing in my audiobook library. I think I am downloading from the CD's to my music library instead of Audiobook library because I have one Audiobook that shows in the music screen.
* Would you take me through the precess of: First - downloading an audiobook from CD's into itunes to be used as an audiobook...not music. I think this must be my problem.
Sorry to be so much trouble!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, can we continue this later ? I'm not at home right now. I will get back to you with instructions with I get home. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm back home. The contents downloaded from CDs are considered to be songs or musics and not Audiobooks. The Audiobooks are in different formats. The musics downloaded from CDs can't be synced as audiobooks. That is why you are not finding anything on your iTunes. Could you please tell me how you were downloading the Cds to your iTunes ?

Click on Musics option in iTunes and do you see those contents you downloaded ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the steps taken to download CD to itunes:
Open itunes; insert CD; "would you like to imort CD into itunes liberary"...Yes; click 'CDInfo' in upper rgt and enter the name (Kiss Me), author, (Susan Mallery) and number (1 of 7).
The screen shows each track being downloaded. When I finish downloading all the CD's in the aidiobook and click on the file (square showing in the music screen with name of audiobook) it opens to show each CD but with multi-copies of each of the tracks on each of the CD's.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
refer to my prior answer). Yes all the CD's were downloaded and may be accessed by clicking on the 'square' identified by the name entered (Kiss Me). However, there are multi-copies of each track.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You have downloaded them correctly. It seems like the issue is with the iTunes Library. We may need to delete the old library and create a fresh one. But this will delete the songs from your library. But if you don't want to do that, then you have to delete the duplicates manually.

If you have automatic download of CD checked, then it will keep importing to iTunes everytime you put the CD. In iTunes, click on Edit menu and select Preferences. Change the option to Show CD next to "When you insert a CD". Then to import, you can click Import CD button to manually import them.

I couldn't find a way to convert them to Audiobooks. I'm afraid you have to sync them as songs/musics instead of Audiobooks

So I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You will be notified when another expert takes your question. If you prefer to delete old library and create a fresh one which might solve duplicating issue, please let me know and I will send you instructions to do that. Creating a new library and importing manually will prevent iTunes from creating duplicates.

But you still have to sync to iPhone/iPad as songs rather than audiobooks. Audiobooks have different format than musics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thak you for your time and efforts!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem. And I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.