Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I constantly get spam in my mailbox, and I want to block

Customer Question

Hi I constantly get spam in my mailbox, and I want to block those adresses from my mail program. There is a function for that in Mail, but doesn't seem to work. Or do I do wrong? Same adresses are coming back, even if I put them in the 'blocking list'
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to use the 'free question', that you offered me in a e-mail today

I understand that the website offered you a free question. I don't send emails out, I just work here with the website. If you put the email address in the block list, it shouldn't come through anymore. If you wish, you can configure the mail application to only accept emails from people that are in your contact list. How do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think this solve the problem. Seems like Mail miss the blocking. When I tell the block function to delete mail from some adresses, or move them to the trash bin, those mails are still there. Are there any 'tricks' spam senders use to cancel the block function?

There is no such trick. If you block an email address, it "shouldn't" be able to come into the Mail application. Do you want to set it up so that the mail application will only accept emails from people in your contact list?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have a company and have to be available.

The problem here is that the mail application isn't working as it should. For instance: If I suggest that you block an email address, but the function doesn't work, that doesn't help because the mail application is faulting. I can give you more suggestions, but I would assume they would not work because the email filtering functions don't appear to be working. Without remoting in and analyzing the system, I have no idea what is causing the filtering to not work.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jason :)

You are welcome.