Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

When I open iCloud mail, the cursor in my Mac Air is a

Customer Question

When I open iCloud mail, the cursor in my Mac Air is a colored wheel that spins... I can't close the file, or open the mail. Cursor is useless... just a spinning colored pie-chart..
Please help~
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Thunderbird, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
icloud

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please just tell me the answer... or ask me more questions in this manner. I'm uncomfortable allowing access to my
computer. I use if for work and here is sensitive information stored

Okay, let's try this again. Which application are you using to access your email account? You responded with ,"iCloud" when I asked the question earlier. iCloud is not an application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari?

Okay, you are using Safari. Let's try resetting Safari and then try again.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Open Safari
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE (reset Safari)
- Click the Empty button
- In the top menu bar, click Safari again
- Click Reset Safari
- Reset

Please, verify that it is working now.

More often than not, such an issues arises when something with the Safari configuration becomes corrupt. The instructions above will remove the corruption. The instructions above can be used any time in the future if you have another problem with Safari.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Empty Cache (reset Safari) is not an option .... about Safari, Safari extensions, clear history and website data, Services, hide Safari, hide others and quit Safari are my only options...

Thank you for the update. Different versions of Safari have different items there. In your case, choose "Clear History and Website Data", put a check in all the boxes except for passwords, and clear it.