Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

The time set wheel on my ipad is not working. How can I fix

Customer Question

The time set wheel on my ipad is not working. How can I fix it so that I can set the correct date and time?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Ignore the slide to turn off message when you see it and let reboot. Now try to set time.

You can also turn on "Set Automatically" option under Settings > General > Date & Time and this will set correct date and time.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither option worked. What should I do now?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What happens when you spin or scroll the wheel ? Is it not scrolling ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Do this please. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPad but only reset some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc.

After resetting the settings, set the time and date. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will send you instructions to fix it using your computer.