Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

I have a new computer and downloaded an album from iTunes. I

Customer Question

I have a new computer and downloaded an album from iTunes . I received the album and a receipt. However I cannot sync my new album to my 16g IPod(serial #XXXXXXXXXXX). I am a longstanding customer at iTunes.
Frank XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Username
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:password
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Has your new computer with a new copy of iTunes, synced any other music to your iPod yet?

If it has, then probably your new album is too large, and the iPod refuses it because of lack of free space.

If not... that might still be the problem, but also you might simply not have the iTunes copy on your computer configured properly. For instance, you might need to log in to the online account used on your old computer, before iTunes will be authorized to download from your new album, then load onto your iPod. Or iTunes may need to be configured properly to sync newly acquired music to the iPod specifically - rather than just 'more-or-less'. The destination device usually has to be specified in iTunes Settings/Options.