Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My email has frozen at an empty version of the page that

Customer Question

My email has frozen at an empty version of the page that loads after you've selected which email account you want to view. Normally this page is populated on the left side by the list of emails in the bix, and the larger right box contains the text if the most recently opened email. Currently when trying to open the email program the empty wireframe loads. I cannot select accounts, and no emails download - though the # ***** emails present does change, and I can email from other apps. The rest if the iPad is working fine. I have tried re-booting more than once, and have checked that the iPad software doesn't need updating. I don't want to do a factory reset. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You said you reboot it, but did you reset it (not factory reset) ? If not, please reset it. To reset, press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo (ignore slide to turn off message). When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Check Mail. Does that work ?

If that didn't work, then that means once of the email account/mailbox is corrupted. We need to find out which one is corrupted. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and you will see all the emails accounts there. Delete all emails accounts and check Mail. If it load blank, then add the email accounts one by one and check after loading each one.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Its me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going. If you still need any help please let me know by replying in here.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me as OK Service or higher, so that I will get credit for helping you.

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I've tried what you said - uninstalling the email accounts and doing a re-set (again) until the Apple logo shows and it re-boots, but the email is still not working. It is exactly as before, the email reading screen loads up but all the fields are empty (both the list of emails, which loads on the left, and the larger content of a single email field which loads on the right). The fwd, delete etc icons appear at the top and the time is accurate. Do you have any other suggestions as to how to get the email program to work without doing a factory reset? Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, It is the Mail application that is corrupted then. We have to restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. We can do a backup first, so you won't lose anything. Follow the steps below;

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
iTunes will recognize your iPad. Select your iPad in the top left (select iPad icon)
Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected.
Then click Restore button and let it restore. It will take some time to restore the iPad.

After restoring, you will get option to restore your backup. Select Restore from backup and all your filed will be restored. Mail should work now.