Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have a Macpro 10.10.4. It quickly jumps from one item to

Customer Question

I have a Macpro 10.10.4. It quickly jumps from one item to another sometimes on its own. While typing it will jump to another part of the document. The arrow frequently is frozen and I have to restart. The swirling ball comes up almost every time and stays for seconds before I can continue. I have reinstalled word and recently upgraded to 10.10.4.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Sorry to hear that your having issues with your macbook. Please follow the steps below to reset your macbooks configuration settings. That should help clear out some of the issues your having.

1. Shut down the Macbook Pro.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the Macbook Pro.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.

if your still have issues.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the Macbook boots you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. Close out the window then from the menu bar select quit installer and your mac will reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've already tried most of this getting the instructions off google. thanks but not help at all. I also got an "answer" from Mike who told me to get rid of MacKeeper. I had put that as one of the attempts I tried but deleted it before Mike to me to chuck it. I've spent hours trying to get this fix through your site. The instructions are confusioning if not misleading. Totally dissatisfied. I've reported to the credit card company that this answer and the non answer from Mike are bogus.