Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Photos with captions in a folder on desktop which I want to

Customer Question

Photos with captions in a folder on desktop which I want to burn to a dvd. When I put the photos in iPhoto, the captions disappear. How do I get the captions to remain in place?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The key is how you move the files from iphoto to the dvd. You need to export the photos as a file first, and then choose the include titles and keywords option as shown on this screen.

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/102-4921-1-228992/Screen+Shot+2013-03-15+at+23.48.45.png

When you export this way, it will take the captions keywords and titles with the pictures, instead of just burning the raw picture files.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Oh, and one more small but important piece of advice. On the export screen where it says kind, do not choose original. Original will not include the captions or metadata.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dustin, but you are one step ahead of me. My problem is with moving the photos with captions from a folder on my desktop into iPhoto, not from iPhoto to the dvd.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Question. The folder with the photos and captions.

What software did you use to create the photos and captions originally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I scanned 35mm slides in a Canon Canoscan 9000F, and the photos appear in Canon MP Navigator EX. I drag them from there to the desktop, then enter the captions in jpg format.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes but what application do you use to add the captions after you dragged them to the desktop...