Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have the 'home folder didn't open needs to be repaired'

Customer Question

I have the 'home folder didn't open needs to be repaired' and 'unable to log in to the user account at this time. Log in failed because an error occurred" I tried holding the shift key until I saw Apple logo - didn't work. I have an administrator account which I don't use (for safety) and I am using that right now, iMac 2009 Snow Leopord
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question

We can repair your hard drive using Disk Utility from Single User Mode. Turn your Mac off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down the Command (Apple) key and the S keys at the same time. Then type the following command when it boot into black screen with white letters...

/sbin/fsck -fy (note the space between fsck and -fy)

If you can't run /sbin/fsck -fy then type only fsk -fy

Hit return and the disk utility should run and let it finish. When it finishes type reboot and hit return. Login to your account.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we recover your home folder and all its documents through root user. Let me know the results please.