Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How you doing today i hope u can help me i just bough a

Customer Question

how you doing today i hope u can help me i just bough a epson xp420 and the printer work but just prints out random letters because i can not open the correct driver i have tried downloading multiple drivers for this printer. the utilitys like epson connect will openso now i can print form an email but not my computer. some will open but the one i need says no mountable file when i try to open it. any suggestion would be greatly apriciated
Thanks,
Richard Burns
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard, and welcome to Justanswer.com.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.6.8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says theres no update available is that because of the limitation of my mac book that i cant upgrade to a newer os
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, lets try this together. Go to this specific page

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=253769&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X6

Switch your OS to 10.6. download the specific 02/20/15 97.2 MB epson16360.dmg file ..

Once downloaded, attempt to open your downloads folder and then doubleclick the epson16360.dmg file.

Will it let you install it now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me on second i believe a already have that downlaoded that the one that says no mountable file but im downloading it again now
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Take your time.

And make sure when you try to open and run the file, its called exactly epson16360.dmg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its taking a while to download but i cliked on the one i downloade earlier and it said no mountable file what dies that mean im great with pc's but macs confuse me
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

The one you downloaded earlier.

Whats the exact file name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 16330 but the link u sent me just finished and did the same thing do i not have the right installer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres a 16864 i didnt try. but its weird cause the epson connect one i downloaded worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did thre same thing with that one
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

It may be best if I connect to your mac from here.. To see whats going on. Those DMG files are the correct installer files.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im just trying one more thing i go an email saying ther where two bots on ym comp from comcat about an hour ago can we do that in about 25 min after i take of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happens if i loose this chat
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Question.

You received an email saying there are two " Bots" on viruses on your computer?

Be careful that your not falling victim to a phishing scam. What exactly did the email say?

And what was the exact email address it came from? ( youre welcome to copy and paste the text into the reply box here, if you want)

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I Botted? from XFINITY®
CONSTANT GUARD REPORTS
2 Bots Detected
Bot Name Type Last Seen More Info
Bafruz_Bot Multi-Purpose August 25th 2015, 6:43:10 pm
LEARN MORE
NeoSploit.Exploit_Generic Exploit Kit August 25th 2015, 5:41:41 pm
LEARN MORE
Export DataGet Help
What is a Bot?
A "bot" is malicious software that secretly uses your computer to send spam, host a phishing site, or steal your passwords and financial information.
Protect Your Computer
Secure your computer against future threats with our Constant Guard anti-malware tools.
Click here for more Constant Guard tools
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://amibotted.comcast.net twas the link it said it was from comcast it seemed delete it gave me a link to norton to download i thought that migh be y my wifi has been crappy
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I checked that link and its safe. Genuine comcast website.

If you want to download norton for mac, or whatever else it is they were offering.. Thats up to you~