Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Greetings, All of a sudden, this morning my Mac will not

Customer Question

Greetings,
All of a sudden, this morning my Mac will not charge. Coincidently, I lost my apple IPhone yesterday. I am not sure this is coincidence. In fact, I was trying to access my computer to use "find my Iphone". I am going to drive to an Apple Store to get a new Mac charger. Is this the best approach?
Bert
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bert! If you Mac's charger light its not illuminating then the problem is with the charger. If it turns green and still not charging your macbook then the battery is the issue. Also i am sorry you lost your iPhone and this is a bad coincidence.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You listed your computer as "iMac" I assume it is a laptop computer right? Try this:

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.