Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to Yosemite 10.10.5 last

Customer Question

I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to Yosemite 10.10.5 last week. Since then, my mouse will not allow me to scroll up and down. This is true for email and several other apps I have been using, but it does work when i am using ThinkorSwim, a stock market trading platform. I have installed fresh batteries. Please help!
Daun
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
First reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;
Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Then reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below;
Shut down your Mac
Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time
Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.
Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.
Then go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (Macintosh HD), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Check now whether you are able to scroll.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.