Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My MacBook Pro just stopped working it has no lights the

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro just stopped working it has no lights the power won't go on when I plug it in there's no light on the power cord just completely dead nothing help?
It's a 2010 or 11 MacBook Pro I have the use somebody Yosemite operating system I never had a problem with it I was online with my Mac keeper it said I had some error I did say I wanted to repair them I forget what that's called like kreiteck or something weird like that and also I did say I wanted to back it up that's the last thing I remember
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! You can try the following to reset your mac. Also since your took it apart you will have to verify you didnt leave any loose wires ( look more at the charging port )

1. Shut down the Macbook .
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Macbook if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the Macbook.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the Macbook restarts.
8. Release the keys.