Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just installed Quark 2015 on new iMac with Yosemite

Customer Question

Just installed Quark 2015 on new iMac with Yosemite operating system.
When I bring a file in from previous version of Quark, the .eps files with transparent backgrounds are going solid black or solid white. Sometimes it looks OK and then when I pull a pdf, the black or white bugs show up again.
I have already changed transparency setting in pdf to "native". Help, please. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you try deleting the image and reimporting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we currently working on this on not? My response was yes, I've tried that multiple times per my original summary.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

yes sorry hang on one second

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you resave it as the new version do a Save as?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you run Quark Update it seems to have been resolved in an update?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I am working in the very latest version of Quark--Quark 2015. It's obvious that you aren't going to be able to help me. How do make sure that the full $58. isn't taken out of my Paypal account. We're done. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So it is Quark 11.0.1? I'm sorry I am having some internet problems I can opt out if you wish.This is why many of us dumped Quark years ago

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obvious that you are not familiar with Quark--there is no Quark 11--I told you it is called Quark 2015. I want to opt out of this entire debacle. Send verification that this has been done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to be referred. I simply want the $5. mandatory fee taken out of the deposit and verification that this is done and that I was only charged $5. No help whatsoever. Terrible experience.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

quark 2015 is version 11 sir go to Quark about Quark there was another update in July so it should be higher:

http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/Search_Results.aspx?pid=1&oid=2&ftid=2

They just made it 2015 for who knows why, please just see if the update makes any difference, thanks, ***** ***** my delay. We have a satisfaction guarantee so no worries