Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have purchased and downloaded a copy of windows 8.1 to use

Customer Question

I have purchased and downloaded a copy of windows 8.1 to use on my 2011 iMac. Can you guide me through bootcamp to install Windows so that I can install flight sim X on my iMac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the full name of that downloaded file, including the extension of that file ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows8.1x64.iso. 3.53 GB
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry in car on way to office now I believe it is Yosemite 10.3 but I must confirm
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Get a USB flash drive. Then put the flash drive on your Mac. Open Bootcamp Assistance from Applications > Utilities folder.
Select Create Windows 8 Installer disc. Select the ISO file and follow the onscreen instructions to setup a Windows USB drive.
After creating the Windows USB drive, open Bootcamp. Click Install Windows 8 and follow the onscreen instructions to install Windows.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this multiple times and when i open Boot Camp Assistant it asks me to download windows support which I already did to a usb stick.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Just uncheck the option "Download Windows support" and follow the onscreen instructions.