Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I hVe a water damaged iphone6. No insurance. Phone is dead.

Customer Question

I hVe a water damaged iphone6. No insurance. Phone is dead. I have the instructions as to sending it in to an apple store/possibly returning it and for a $300+ fee, receiving a new phone (mine is less than 6 months old). I am not tech savvy but I have the instructions, live in Juneau, Alaska and would be sending the phone via USPS to Seattle.
Does this sound correct??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

That is an option but I would suggest trying to remove the water first and see if you can get it working again without paying $300+ for a replacement.

Since iPhones are not covered under any warranty for water damage, the only thing you can really try is submerging the iPhone in white rice for 24-48 hours.

During that period please do not take the phone out or try to use it. (Make sure it is powered off) Once the time has elapsed, turn the iPhone on and see if it is any better.