Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I was on my mac a little while ago and apple sent 2 windows

Customer Question

hi
i was on my mac a little while ago and apple sent 2 windows stating there was a malicious attack and they were checking to see if there were more or if it was still occurring. i automatically shut the computer down. what should I do? thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Did you get those messages in Safari ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was on line at the time looking at ebay and UKebay

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is a SCAM message. Don't call anyone or don't buy any service/products from them.
Turn on your Mac.
If Safari is open, press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.
Then disconnect the WiFi from your Mac (or disconnect the internet/airport), hold down Shift key on your keyboard and and open Safari and the webpage will not load. Click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari.
If you don't see Reset Safari, then click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data
Connect it back to WiFi. This will get rid of all traces of that website.
If you have any questions or if you are still getting that message, please let me know.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.
Thanks and Have a great day,
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

.