Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My iPhone 5s is stuck in "verifying updat" mode. This update

Customer Question

My iPhone 5s is stuck in "verifying updat" mode.
This update locked mine and my mom's phones and my iPad while we were attempting the "update" in settings.
We resolved her phone and my I Pad by holding down the home key and the top on and off heat until the end it did not it was a short fix we still don't know how to do the update. The major problem is my iPhone 5s. Stocking update mode the home button is broke I only use the accessibility but can you please help.?? I actually am only 39 but had severe medical problems and need to have my phone.
I will be so grateful for any help you could possibly give me has all of my medical information on it.
Barbara
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara,
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
If the home button is not working, I am afraid we need to wait until the iPhone runs out of charge and then trying the update.
You may also try the update/restore through iTunes in the computer: open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone to the computer. If your iPhone is recognised by iTunes, click on update. If the update button is not available, try the restore instead.
Do you have an iCloud account? If you do and if you had synced your medical info to the cloud, they can be retrieved after the restore.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod