Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My iphone only shows the iTunes with the plug in iv'e tried

Customer Question

my iphone only shows the iTunes with the plug in iv'e tried every thing to upgrade or restore it won't do any thing. what can I do it was working fine just wan,t to upgrade it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Sorry to hear about your iphone :(
Your iphone is currently in recovery mode and it needs a restore to get back into functional state.
Let's try the restore this way.
Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone to the computer. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iphone now. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it ws the samt thingon,t go into recorvy mode doe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it does the same thing

Didn't you get a message in the computer that it itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it didn,t go in recovery mode

Let's first download and install the latest version of itunes to the computer. You can download the latest itunes by going to

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Once you download it, install it.

Then try the same procedure again. Let me know if that works.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone to the computer. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the iphone now.