Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I purchased/downloaded Microsoft Office 2011 to replace

Customer Question

I purchased/downloaded Microsoft Office 2011 to replace Office 365. Everything except my Outlook is perfect. I lost all my email/folders & contacts. Is there anyway to get them back? I have the Office 2011 identities folder on my desktop.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To confirm, you are referring to Office 365 that you are using within your internet browser correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was using Office 365 but switched over to Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of my folders etc were in Office 365 but I do not have them in my Outlook 2011
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, which account where you using with office 365? A Microsoft account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to sign into microsoft office account whenever I restarted my computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
You need to connect outlook 2011 using imap and not Pop in order to get the folders as well.
So remove the account from outlook.
Then follow the steps here from Step 2 (Outlook) and using the IMAP settings to get the folders added
http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-set-up-outlookcom-imap-in-apple-mail-or-microsoft-outlook--mac-54038
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use my xplornet.ca account on my Outlook 2011. I also had the xplornet address with my Office 365 Does this make a difference. Also, my email account is set-up as imap not pop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the folders, from which account are these? as you said before the microsoft one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe they would be the office 365
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Office 365 is just an email program.
But it doesn't matter, I find out another way
You added your microsoft account in office 2011 correct, as an IMAP account?