Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I cannot sync iCal with Calendar on Mac

Customer Question

Hi I cannot sync iCal with Calendar on Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.4 (14E46)
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK can you clarify there is only Calendar on Mac Yosemite no iCal???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only Calendar no iCal. Calendar version 8.0
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Right so what is it not syncing with you said iCal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac is not syncing with Calendar, it is not syncing with Outlook on my iPhone.I don't really need to use Calendar. I've installed Office 365. I just want Office 365/Outlook tasks, contacts, calendar items to sync with my iPhone
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Who is your email provider do you have an Exchange account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use gmail
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK Unfortunately that is not possible as is. The only solution to sync mail, calendars and contacts is to use an Exchange account. Yahoo!, Gmail, Outlook.com are all IMAP not Exchange and they will not sync calendars and contacts between Outlook for Mac and your iOS devices. You will need a third party app like this one to do that:

http://office365.4team.biz/sync-iphone-outlook.aspx

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

There are some others I can suggest too

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Office 365 does offer a hosted Exchange service called Exchange Online. This comes as part of Office 365 for Business, although you can use it for personal mail. I do. It costs about $4/month.

Other service providers offer hosted Exchange services too. You can shop around and subscribe online.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That last one is probably the best choice for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I was looking for a work around without getting more software but I guess there's no other way. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Trying?? That is the answer. You never asked for a "workaround" in fact you didn't even mention gmail in your question or I could have said that at the start. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Below is a link showing how to setup an exchange with a gmail account. If you need help doing this I can remotely connect and do it for you.

https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/138740?hl=en

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Obviously if you had an Exchange account then none of that would be needed as I already said.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That won't work (https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/138740?hl=en) for your Outlook 365 only for your iPhone and gmail with Apple apps, not Microsoft 365, only the CompanionLink I suggested will do that. Good luck.

____

.

Hi i can do this remotely for you just accept the offer I sent.