Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I am browsing with Firefox (Mac osx 10.6.8) the last

Customer Question

When I am browsing with Firefox (Mac osx 10.6.8) the last week or so, my hard drive is constantly running, everything runs very slowly, constant spinning rainbow ball. When I try to quit Firefox, it won't quit. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hold the Power button for about 10 seconds then Restart the computer and immediately hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo. This is called Safe Boot and it will attempt repairs. If you get to the login screen put in your user/pass then when it boots up, restart the normal way. Let me know what happens after.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you suggested. The process worked mostly as you said it would. I haven't had time to begin browsing again, so I don't know if it solved the problem or not. I'll try coming back to this page to give you the results after I spend some time browsing. Thank you. For now I'll give you a good rating.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok I am here if the problem persists, let me know... If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!