Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Tuxera NTFS just currupted 1 terarbyte of data on WD My

Customer Question

Hi - Tuxera NTFS just currupted 1 terarbyte of data on WD My Pasport
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You may not be able to repair that disk using Disk Utility! You're going to need a Windows machine in order to repair it. Try mounting the drive to a Windows machine. If Disk Manager can "see" it, you can try a repair using the Windows utility. (chkdsk) I suggest you try http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ I have never had I/O problems using that software.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I meant NOT...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Paragon has a free trial make sure you remove the Tuxera software first.

http://tuxera.com/mac/onlinehelp/en/index.htm#page=Uninstalling_Tuxera_NTFS_for_Mac.htm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike
I did read your answer and had a PC working on the drive for 2 days. At the end it said that it had repaired about 160 files out of the 135.000 on the drive, but it made no difference.
I think Tuxera was installed on the external drive instead of on the Mac drive, because in finder the drive was named Tuxera...... Insted of WD My Passport.
When I replugged the drive to my Imac I got a message from Tuxera with a yellow warning sign and a lot of text. i will try to send you the photo, I took of it later.
I uninstalled Tuxera after I saw the files was not acessible any more.
It about 25.000 raw master photos edited in Lightroom from Philippines, Thailand, Norway and Denmark.Thank you very much for your kind help.
Best regards
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I will get back to you er I see that, thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

"when" I see that sorry...