Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I eject a cd stuck in my mac os x version 10.6.8

Customer Question

how do I eject a cd stuck in my mac os x version 10.6.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What type of Mac is this ? What methods have you tried so far ?
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Turn off your mac. Then press and hold the click function from your mouse. Turn on your mac and keep holding the mouse button till the cd ejects.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There are several ways to eject the disc.
Restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button till the disk ejects. You can find the eject key on the top right of the screen.
Or restart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard for 20 seconds or until the disc comes out.
Or restart your mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It would take up to 20 seconds to eject the disc.
These methods will eject the disc unless the disc is jammed in there. Let me know if you are unable to eject it, so we can try a different method to eject it.
(Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are unable to eject it using the above methods. Instead, please reply back to me and we can try a different trick to eject it)