Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

NVG589 has IP address, but 10.10.4 printer setup "Unable to

Customer Question

NVG589 has IP address for MG5520, but 10.10.4 printer setup "Unable to verify the printer on your network"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have yet to find that you have given me any advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I find no answer to my question
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I had thought the problem was with the NVG589, since it was the newest and my least familiar device. I was misled in my analysis by the printer, MG5520, with the blue light indicating a good WiFi connection. Never did I doubt the 10.10.4 device since it functions in all aspects except for 'finding' a wireless printer. The MG5520 is WiFi only so usb hook up is not possible. Printing the full printer data gave IPv4 192.168.1.194 which the 10.10.4 did not find. Maybe I should have put that in the problem description. The solution was simple enough: In the printer, delete the WiFi connection and then re-establish, which gave IP as ~1.85, and voila 10.10.4 found it. Apparently the printer retained the old IP from the previous modem, before the new NVG589 with fiber-optics from AT&T. Why the blue light (WiFi connect) was on the printer is a mystery that I need not solve. Further I should have 192.168.1.254 and found no printer connection in NVG589. And of course, after a new WiFi connection it did find the printer. (Actually I have 3 different WiFi only printers and these are now all OK) So for now all functions well. Yet I remain disappointed with the "Free Trial", not for the $36 that I spent in a weak moment, but because the many links and selections awaiting me on your web site, appearing to me as gotchas for the less attentive. Really IMHO the I thought this might be designed by my friendly Bulgarian hacker friends who are in business to capture a credit card account for their exploitation.
So now all is well. I have printers with my 10.10.4. (and never did I need any 10.10.4 advice so I why should I ever waste my time with someone who wanted to have access to my 10.10.4 - good grief give access to someone from a web site that seemed lurking to entrap me with with extra support offerings for a fee). Good Bye.