Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to import photos from my iPhone 5. 1500

Customer Question

I'm trying to import photos from my iPhone 5. 1500 downloaded fine, then the import got stuck. I disconnected the phone, and restarted the computer. Now the remaining 280 photos are showing in the import window (before there were just grey squares), but there's still no progress on the import.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you using iPhoto?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you quit iPhoto, hold down the Option/ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. You will see an iPhoto Library First Aid window, select rebuild the Database.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stuck on "closing library". This happened the last time I tried to shut down iphoto and restart the computer.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Just force quit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I force quit without shutting down the computer
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go to the Apple Logo to Force Quit and choose iPhoto. I would check your hard drive before doing anything else. Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay figured out force quit just for photos
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my question?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I need you to check the drive first. If your system is Lion or above:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.