Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

CompExpert, I'm trying to set up my new MacAir, but can't

Customer Question

Hi compExpert, I'm trying to set up my new MacAir, but can't remember my password ***** now I get the message that my birthdate doesn't match their records!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Reboot into the Recovery Drive by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘command’ + ‘r’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the start up screen you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen.
Go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal
At the prompt type ‘resetpassword’ (hit enter)
http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/reset-password-osx.png
This launches the Reset Password ***** select the Volume Hard Drive in the top part of the window pane, then for the user that you need to reset select the user account in the lower part then add and confirm the new password ***** click save, you get a confirmation screen and details about the keychain account.
Go to the Apple Menu and click Restart to boot back to the normal hard drive and the new password ***** take effect immediately.