Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have 1000's of photos which I added to my external hard

Customer Question

I have 1000's of photos which I added to my external hard drive which I need to go through and edit...one by one and be able to view the picture in full screen and quickly go to the next one and quickly 'delete' individually the ones I don't like...
Do you know the best way to do this via my hard drive?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

Depending on your answer I have a few options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.10.2

Processor 2.5 Intel Core 7

16GB 1600mega hz

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hold Option when you open iPhoto and create a new Library change the Preferences / Advanced to uncheck Copy to iPhoto Library then import all the pictures go through them and delete what you don't want make sure you move to trash when deleting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there - thanks for the answer.

So are you saying that if I move them from my hard drive to iPhoto and then delete the ones I dont want in iPhoto it will delete them from my Hard Drive?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes but you have to tell it to do that

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Basically if you do it that way it is cataloguing the pictures on the external drive. You can even crop and adjust them in the process as you decide which to keep

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!